Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My Honeywell cm67 thermostat receiver won't let my boiler

My Honeywell cm67 thermostat receiver won't let my boiler fire up to heat the radiators
JA: Where in your home is your Honeywell thermostat installed? How old is it?
Customer: Receiver is in the garage next to the boiler. The thermostat is in the dining room. It's about11 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Honeywell thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A couple of days. I've tried syncing again but not worked. It looks as if the receiver is tripping out as the green light comes on then the red light flashes and there is a click and the boiler won't fire up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know it's not the boiler as I have hot water!

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Does the boiler burner extinguish at the same moment as the click, or is it not igniting at all?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It doesn't ignite at all. The time from green light coming in to the red light and click is only a second

I have questions:

1. When you carry out the rebinding procedure, is the CM67 near to the BDR91?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I stand right next to it

I have questions:

1. What is the distance between the BDR91 and the boiler casing?
2. When you carry out the rebinding procedure, is the CM67 near to the BDR91?
3. When you carry out the rebinding procedure, which step is the first one that fails?

Apologies for the duplication - some went awry with my browser.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Receiver is right next to the boiler. Nothing fails during refunding until the stat tells the receiver to fire up the boiler
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Rebinding, sorry autocorrect!

In that case you have a faulty receiver. There's a remote chance that it's a glitch that can be fixed by restarting it - power off and leave it off for at least 15 minutes, then power up and try again. Clearly you'll need to find the method of isolating power to it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** switch is just above it so I'll go and then it off and see what happens. Many thanks

You're welcome. Fingers cross that you don't have to replace it, but I feel that you will.

BTW, if you do replace it, you can sometimes pick up a bargain on eBay. Be sure to get a brand new unit though.

Thank you for your rating.  If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer.
Have a good weekend!