Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Have a Potterton gold 24 h system boiler just replaced heat

Customer Question

Have a Potterton gold 24 h system boiler just replaced heat exchanger and now have boiler firing and going out within a few seconds with flame lift any ideas ?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: Two left lights solid
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removing flue and checking seals
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

You will need to re-commission the appliance. This needs to be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer, for example whoever last serviced the boiler.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That’s fine I am gas safe registered
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

OK, so did you check the burner pressure before starting the work?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Burner pressure was 19mb the pcb and heat exchanger was replaced and now when firing lights for a few seconds then out with flame lift
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

OK. So you'll have to work through the troubleshooting for flame lift.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 6 days ago.

Smoke test on the inner flue?