James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

The remote controller for our Gazco fire is consuming

Customer Question

the remote controller for our Gazco fire is consuming batteries at a very fast rate what can I do?
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Gazco 'Marlborough' log effect fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's been going on for over a week, and apart from changing batteries, I have set the time etc, we only use the fire in manual mode and do not use the thermostatic firing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: other than it consumes a new battery in about 2 days
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Do you see the light flashing on the top of the remote when not in use, or notice any buttons which appear to hvae become depressed?

Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Where the remote appears to working normally but draining batteries its likely it has an electircal fault which will mean replacing the remote.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.