Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

The dimplex radiator in my home makes a noise as soon as i

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: The dimplex radiator in my home makes a noise as soon as i turn it on. It does not stop at all.
JA: Do you know the model of your Dimplex radiator? How old is it?
Customer: dimplex duoheat radiator
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dimplex radiator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This started even last year but then i turned it off and now this year it is becoming cold and i turned it on. It seemed to work for a couple of weeks. Then it started Now another radiator has also started with that noise
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The owner says it is new as in 7 years at the most -:)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Please could you describe the noise you're hearing.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello Tim
It is a kind of metallic, irritating constant "keeeeeeettttttttt" kind of noise.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

That's a good description, but I honestly don't know why it's making that noise.

The main problem with the Duoheat product is that it's not made anymore, and some of the spares are not available.

If you remove the cover (with the power off) to investigate you should be able to track down the component that's making the noise.