Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Can u tell me why my heater trips out when turning it up,

Customer Question

Can u tell me why my heater trips out when turning it up
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Valcon
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: open the valve
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your heating problem.  I need to ask you some questions:

1. What is tripping?
2. What is the make and model of your appliance?

If you're not sure of the model, please attach a photo so that I can identify it - see the following guidance on attaching photos:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

Good morning, I haven't heard back from you yet. Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

When an electric heating element fails, it often causes a sudden leak to earth of a large current, which will blow a fuse or trip a circuit breaker.  If your appliance has such an element, then replacing the element will completely fix the problem.  
If you can respond with more details, I can be more specific and likely add more information for you.