James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

The central button on my hive thermostat will not depress

the central button on my hive thermostat will not depress and is difficult to turn, can it be repaired and how
JA: What's the brand and model of your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: it was installed in 2018, it is a hive, there is a number in the back which is V3 555064 (0617)
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: over 1 week , tried resetting it and although the thermostat says it is (the boiler) working it is not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

To confirm you have a V3 Hive unit and the thermostat dial is hard to turn, but still works when pressed \ turned?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no it will not depress so we re unable to access the menu

I see in reality you would need to replace the thermostat these units are not serviceable due to the way they are made, some times you can spray some WD40 around the buttons and tap them to free them but in reality if its stuck and not responding thats unlikely to work and as such would suggest replacing the thermostat.

A replacement thermostat can be sourced here

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that is exactly what I needed to know James thanks, ***** ***** order a new thermostat

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.