James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

This relates to Scotland. We had a new boiler fitted in our

This relates to Scotland. We had a new boiler fitted in our rental property and the agents have been given the benchmark gas boiler commissioning checklist in lieu of landlords gas inspection certificate.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: Issue is engineer says not necessary to enter commissioning date as he deals with this after when registering for the warranty but agents are saying it must be dated to be valid. I'm going round in circles
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My boiler is working, problem is with paperwork
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a heating technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your having issues with your boiler commissioning, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

The agent is correct all sections and fields of the checklist must be completed for it to be valid, there is no reason why the install date can not be populated. In order for them to register the boiler with building control they will need to give a install date regardless, providing documentation is forth coming that should not prevent the property being let. So allowing the agent a couple of weeks shouldn't be an issue but it needs at some point to complete a Landlord Gas Safety Cert OR a fully completed Checklist.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If I understand you correctly, the engineer should have dated the checklist for it to valid for letting agents.
Without this we would need to have a landlords gad safety certificate?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't want to switch to live phone call

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

You are correct that for the checklist to be valid it must have a date.