James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My Baxi boiler is making the right sounds but not getting

Hi, my Baxi boiler is making the right sounds but not getting any hot water or heating. There are no red flashing lights on it either, and the pressure is good
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Baxi boiler? How old is it?
Customer: No lights at all, and I'm not sure to be honest. We've been here 8 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Baxi boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed it now. I've tried turning it off and on and resetting it, but no change
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The red light by the flame (the pilot?) that normally comes on isn't turning on when I run the tap

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a heating technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your having issues with your heating, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

What is the model number of your boiler?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I don't know I'm afraid! It's always looked like this and we have no paperwork for it

Where there is no error reported but the boiler seems to be firing up then it suggests its circulating the water but not detecting a need to ignite (which may be a faulty sensor in the boiler).

Since not error is reported (its not going into lockout) and pressure is above 1 bar and below 3 bar, then the next step is to get a gas safe engineer to attend and strip down the boiler to determine why there is no demand for ignition.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.