Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Pressure had dropped on Perforna 24. Refilled to 1.4bar.

Pressure had dropped on Perforna 24. Refilled to 1.4bar. Won't fire up agsin
JA: What's the brand and model of your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: Potterton Perforna 24. Stopped working due to low pressure. Refilled system to 1.4bar. Won't fire up again
JA: How long has this been going on with your Potterton unit? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yesterday morning. Topped up pressure. Turned it off and on again. Still won't fire up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your boiler problem.

I'll just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need. Please bear with me as it's quite busy here this afternoon.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just text, please

Please could you take a photo of the indicator lights on the control panel, and attach it here.  Then, turn the selector switch to the RESET position, and then back to where it was before.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hello.  Did you see my post timed at 17:32?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorted it out myself in the end

Presumably you sorted it out by resetting the boiler.

If the pressure drops again, a common cause is a partially open PRV, and often the cause of that is loss of pressure from the expansion vessel, so if you haven't had the boiler serviced recently it might be good to arrange that.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

You're welcome.  Have a good week :-)