James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

I've got an Ariston Eurocombi boiler which sometimes doesn't

Hi Pearl. I've got an Ariston Eurocombi boiler which sometimes doesn't turn on when I turn the thermostat but comes on if I press the left button with a + sign above it on the programmer on the front of the boiler. Once that is done I can turn the boiler on and off repeatedly twiddling the thermostat without any problems, it just seems to be that first time that's problematic. I'm guessing I may have accidentally changed something on the programmer at some point that caused this to happen but can't find instructions online on how to resolve this. Any ideas?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: There's no error code. Think the boiler could be over ten years old, it was in the flat before I moved in 7 years ago.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 2 months. I've tried changing settings through the programmer but it's not really obvious what any of the symbol changes represent.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The programmer was replaced about a year ago, it has Grasslin branding. Is it possible to send a photo of the programmer to an email address or something if that will help?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a heating technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your having issues with your heating, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Do you have an external programmer timer, or an integral timer on the boiler?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The programmer is integrated within the boiler on bottom left of the face of the boiler.

Due to the time of day I am not able to call but the request will go to all experts encase one is available to call, what is the make\model of the integrated timer as most are not the same brand as the boiler.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry the call request thing popped up and assumed you had requested to go over things over the phone. I've just had another play about with the settings and going to see if the change makes any difference although might have to wait until tomorrow now that I got the boiler on the first time not so long ago. I'll let you know tomorrow if the problem is still persisting.

On checking the Eurocombi range the A23 comes with an integrated timer is the button you are pressing a + with a - under it and to the right of the clock button?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's a + button with a hand (or a squiggly thing that resembles a hand or some coil, my eyesight isn't the best!). The next button to the right of that has a - sign with a hand/coil and clock above it. The programmer is a replacement one with Grasslin branding on it so may be different layout to the standard Eurocombi programmer.

If I am correct the + - buttons is a 1 hours boost, so when pressed the heating will run for 1 hour, which suggests the timer was set to off and hence the heating would only come on when the boost button was pressed.

Where its a hand type symbol this is the manual advanced button which manually moved the timer to the next time interval, should the fault be present tomorrow I would pres. the reset button and set the clock and program times from scratch then see if the fault has cleared.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thanks James. Just managed to find a manual for what looks like the same Grasslin programmer/timer. I'll figure things out from here hopefully! Thanks for your help.:-)

Have a good night, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Will do:-)

.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi James, issue seems to be sorted now after following instruction manual's reset process. Did you mean to accept that phone call offer that was accidentally sent the other night? Any chance that could be refunded seeing as there wasn't a phone call?

Glad to hear its now working after reset. I have marked on the notes the call was not required, so a refund should not be an issue.

Where you have questions about charges or membership please contact Customer Services, as this is a technical forum with experts whom have no access to your account or billing information. You can find contact details for customer services on the Just Answer website and via the emails sent to you when signing up. Have a good day.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Brilliant, thanks James, I'll sort it out with customer support. Have a good day too.:-)

Great, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.