Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Is no hot water coming in eco tech plus 618 There is no

Customer Question

Hi there is no hot water coming in valiant eco tech plus 618 There is no error code either
JA: Who makes your HVAC unit? How old is it?
Customer: its vaillant boiler and roughly 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since yesterday nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well I can’t see any ignition signs
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your hot water problem.

This might seem like a silly question, but do you have stored hot water or is this a combi boiler?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Stored
Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

OK.  And if you enable the central heating and turn up the room thermostat, does the boiler ignite?  If so, the hot water problem is a fault outside the boiler.  Usually one of the following:

motorised zone valve
programmer
cylinder thermostat