Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Why does my two month old grant outdoor combo boiler .lost

Why does my two month old grant outdoor combo boiler .lost pressure tried to top it up through loop but discharged water immediately before reaching one bar?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: No.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has only happened over two days .l noticed that the shower temp was low Yesterday then today the boiler would not fire up so checked water pressure ,it was at zero tried to top up via loop but water just discharged from overflow immediately.this boiler is two months old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your heating system problem.

It sounds as the though the pressure relief valve has opened and has not shut again. Have you tried flushing it through?

Good morning, I haven't heard back from you yet. Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

If the PRV is opening at less than 1 bar, then almost certainly you'll need to replace it.  You should also check that the expansion vessel has not lost its pressure.

Since the boiler is so new, you should not  have to pay for this work.  I recommend that you contact the installer first.  They should repair the boiler under warranty, but they aren't willing to then contact Grant for an in-warranty repair.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Tim, thanks for your help, you were right it was a sticky PRV valve, now all sorted, I can go and have a shower !!

Good news!  Has the EV been checked?