James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

My schedule for my hot water thermostat is not working. The

Customer Question

My schedule for my hot water thermostat is not working. The hot water is not turning on at the scheduled time but is working when I turn it on manually
JA: What's the brand and model of your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: It's a nest pro About 6 months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your nest thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been going on for about 1 month . Initially it was an intermittent problem but now it's all the time We called in the technician who installed it but they could not do anything We haven't tried doing anything else
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: HVAC
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Where water is not being heated on timer but it is when on boost \ manual, then its likely the programmer is at fault not the thermostat, since the thermostat would stop the water being heated on manual or timed mode, so would arrange for the programmer to be replaced

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.