James
James, Developer
Experience:  I have a portfolio of renovated houses, including DIY projects from installing bathrooms and new heating systems to rewiring.
75967336

Our new nest thermostat and heat link is operating the

Our new nest thermostat and heat link is operating the radiators but not operating the timer for the hot water
JA: Do you know the model of your nest thermostat?
Customer: Google nest learning thermostat 3rd generation
JA: How long has this been going on with your nest thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we installed a new heat link and thermostat last week and it sets up for heating but not for hot water. I have since it with the nest app and there is no opportunity to set up a timetable for water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can’t think of anything

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a heating technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your having issues with your hot water, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Have you checked the thermostat for the cylinder is connected to the heatlink?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How do you do that?

As discussed where you have a heat link Nest 3rd Gen you would need to remove the cover of the nest and check continuity for the pair of wires coming into the wiring centre to determine if there is a demand, where its open circuit the thermostat is at fault and needs replaced.

I would arrange for a plumber to come out.