Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus boiler which ha the following

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus boiler which ha the following codes;
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: message codes F54 and F28 with text ignit failure. Boiler is 7 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just returned from holiday, boiler was ok when we left 2 weeks ago. tried manul reset 4 times and increasing the house temp settings to trigger restart, with no avail.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's it.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your boiler problem.

F.54 indicates insufficient gas supply, so if you haven't already checked your meter then this should be the first step.  Do you have any other gas appliances in the property?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, just checked the gas hob and there’s plenty of pressure

OK.  So it's looking more likely that there's a "real" fault in the boiler, either gas valve or PCB.  Was the boiler left to heat up the hot water while you were away?