How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim JA Your Own Question
Tim JA
Tim JA, HVAC Technician
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 3263
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Tim JA is online now

We have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus boiler which ha the following

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We have a Vaillant ecoTEC plus boiler which ha the following codes;
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: message codes F54 and F28 with text ignit failure. Boiler is 7 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just returned from holiday, boiler was ok when we left 2 weeks ago. tried manul reset 4 times and increasing the house temp settings to trigger restart, with no avail.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's it.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your boiler problem.

F.54 indicates insufficient gas supply, so if you haven't already checked your meter then this should be the first step.  Do you have any other gas appliances in the property?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, just checked the gas hob and there’s plenty of pressure

OK.  So it's looking more likely that there's a "real" fault in the boiler, either gas valve or PCB.  Was the boiler left to heat up the hot water while you were away?

Tim JA and other HVAC Specialists are ready to help you