Steve
Steve, Vehicle Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I have a 2017 Tesla Model s and I want to know if it has

Hi. I have a 2017 Tesla Model s and I want to know if it has HEPA without opening the frunk
Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Tesla?
Customer: S. Oct 2017
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No if I don’t have it I will buy it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It would also be good to know if I have AP 2.5 and if not can I upgraded my MC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I’m ok to wait as I want to find the answe

Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay in the reply. My name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The AP 2.5 was on all Tesla S models after the September 2017 build date, (some were updated from August) so provided yours was registered immediately (and i think all were) then you should have the AP 2.5. Tesla did say that the AP 2.0 could be upgraded to AP 2.5

There is an interesting article at this link

https://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/13389/tesla-quietly-upgrades-autopilot-hardware-in-new-cars

The HEPA filter has no indication if it is fitted or not without opening the front trunk and removing the intake panel. It is purely a large and highly refined filer which fits into place in the cabin air intake. It should be visible by looking onto the intake vent.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further details, and again sorry for the delay.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. Even

after clicking accept you may continue to ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Steve, Vehicle Technician
Experience: Garage owner for thirty years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve,
thanks that was a very helpful response. I wonder if HW 2.5 can be upgraded to 3.0 for a price. I guess the only way to know if I have HEPA is to pry open the tub in my frunk

Yes according to Tesla they will upgrade HW 2.5 to 3.0 I think the price is dependent on the hardware, the software they say is free :)

There is a video on you tube about fitting the HEPA filter which I can link to you if you want, this gives an idea of what trim needs to be removed.

Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again

No trouble

Steve