Steve
Steve, Vehicle Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Is it possible to use my Mitsubishi PHEV to charge an all

Is it possible to use my Mitsubishi PHEV to charge an all electric car in an emergency
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: It is two years old and a Overlander with 2.4 engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It has 10K on the clock and auto
JA: What year is your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have problem with my car, I just would like to know if I am able to charge an all electric car in an emergency
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
It is not possible to charge an electric vehicle from the systems on your PHEV.

At the moment the only way to charge an electric vehicle other than by using mains electric is to use a power pack unit which has been special designed to cope with the needs of the EV.

The AA are at the moment investing in these units to aid EV owners who have broken down due to lack of charge, but they are rare at the moment.

Unfortunately due to the power requirements of the EV an inverter from your PHEV would not be suitable and could damage the systems on your Mitsubishi.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve