Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2007 7seater cdi model. I cannot get the near side

I have a 2007 7seater cdi model. I cannot get the near side lock to revert to normal operation from the previous owners child lock. I have changed the little button on door side to unlock but still no success........any thoughts

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

happy to wait Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am unable to take off the child lock on the nearside rear passenger door I have consulted the hand book and changed the small control on the edge of the door to the "unlock " sign . When I am in the vehicle all the other 3 passenger doors all show red indicating they are unlocked. The rear nearside passenger door does not. I can only open and lock this door manually from inside. I cannot think of how else to describe this but if you need more info let me know

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are describing is a failure of the child lock actuator inside of the door that is preventing the child lock from unlocking.This is a small actuator located inside of the door itself and the door panel has to be removed to repair this.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Mike I have a 60day warranty on this car so I will now approach XXXXX XXXXX armed with this info for a fix Thanks

No problem thank you.