Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2007 Santa fe 2,2 Diesel. On cold starts is can take

I have a 2007 Santa fe 2,2 Diesel. On cold starts is can take a good 20 turns to get it to start with a lot of smoke. After it has started there is no drama's. Took it into my local garage and they can't find anything on the diagnostics. Any thoughts?

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is a fuel injector that is not priming up correctly and causing the starting issue and the smoke that you are seeing.This will normally not show anything on a diagnostic test,the best way to test the injectors is to have a balance test performed on the injectors.