Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2012 reg i20. There has recently been a seat belt

I have a 2012 reg i20. There has recently been a seat belt alarm sound coming on at random occasions. The seat belts in the front are fastened and there is nothing on the back seats. Can I disconnect the seat belt alarm or what would the problem be?
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The seat belt alarm coming on means that one of the seatbelt sensors has stopped working and this causes the alarm to go off. Because the seatbelt sensors are tied in to the air bag system they can not be disconnected or else the airbags will not work in the event of a crash. If the vehicle is still under warranty this would be a covered part. The system needs to be scanned with a diagnostic scan tool to determine which sensor has failed.