indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I own a Hyundai i20 automatic. Bought new In Aug 2015,

I own a Hyundai i20 automatic. Bought new In Aug 2015, mileage 13,000. Has a major problem in that in cold conditions within about 5 minutes of starting the drive to the engine ceases. The engine ticks over but no drive to the wheels. The drive will return after 1 to 4 minutes. This is an intermittent fault and has occurred about 25 times. The dealer has no idea of the cause and cannot rectify the fault. Also the Dealer refuses to honour the warranty and will not change the car. Any ideas you have would be gratefully appreciated.
Any warning lights on when the engine is running.
When you have no drive to the wheels can you rev up the engine
Greg
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No Warning Lights

When the drive to the engine ceases can you rev up the engine but go nowhere

or the engine will not rev up .

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The engine will not rev up

Okay funny that you have no malfunction codes as this is looking like you have a problem with the APP sensor this is the

accelerator position sensor or a sticking throttle body.

Now if you could rev the engine up and had no drive this would be an internal transmission issue .

So have the shop take a look at this possibility .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Hi can you please let me know why you have a negative

Rating ?

I’m here to help you best I can if I I can’t let me know and I can opt out and see if another expert can .

Rgds Greg