Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

1997 Accent i30: headlights won't switch off. is it a fuse?

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** it just the headlights that are staying on or is it also the parking lights?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just headlights
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Do you know if it is the high beam or the low beams or are you able to select both?

Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just normal beam headlights
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just normal beam headlights...
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Ok, the problem is most likely going to be a faulty headlamp relay. You will need to remove the relay in order to turn off the lights. The relay is located in the main fuse box under the hood. I've attached a picture below. E27 in the diagram is the headlamp relay. If a new relay produces the same results the problem could be with the dimmer switch or the wiring. You might be able to swap the relay with another identical relay in the box.

Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in. Did you get this sorted out?