Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Occasionally the car won't start, even after its just been

Customer Question

occasionally the car won't start, even after its just been running. The other day at the petrol station I left it on (but engine not running) for a few minutes while I went and paid. We I tried to start it , it did the click click click click click click noise. Similar to the noise when the battery is flat but I don't think it can be. Is this an electrical fault or the battery? I'm not convinced its the battery.
Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Its the noise of the ignition turning over without the engine firing
Assistant: What year is your Station?
Customer: 2013 ix35 premium
Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had to jump start it a few times
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

If you haven't had to jump start it and it eventually turns over and starts on its own again this can be a fault with loose or corroded battery cable connections at the battery itself.This may also be the battery itself internally shorting out to where a cell is shorting out or failing to cause this fault here.I would have the battery cables checked as well as the battery tested to see if any of these are the cause of this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete