Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My ix35 was in for an MOT today and since getting it back

Customer Question

Hi There, my ix35 was in for an MOT today and since getting it back the lights no longer flash when I lock it with the fob key. They do however flash when I u lock it. Is this something the garage have done? Do you know how to fix it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They flash when I open it but not when I lock it. Why is that? Does this mean the alarm isn't working?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

Normally means something isnt locked correctly..either one of the doors / bonnet / boot lid..you'd need to inspect either to ensure thats isnt the case...if its recently had the MOT..then id be more inclined to think bonnet switch isnt fully closed or its been come up against - the switch resides on the slam panel.open the bonnet.directly centre to the left a bit you see a round plunger type looking switch.black..check that isnt miss aligned.or press it your self and have someone lock the car to see if the lights work again..check the wiring underneath it too..so check that as above first..