Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My i30 has started making a strange humming noise. I can

Customer Question

My i30 has started making a strange humming noise. I can hear it when it’s idling and if I rev the engine it seems to go until it’s idlin again. I can also hear it when coming to a stop.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

This can be due to the engine drive belt being worn needing to be replaced or an issue with one of the drive belt pulley bearings.You will need to have this checked over further to help locate which is at fault then from there it can be repaired to resolve this issue here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete