indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have a 2009 Tuscon with 33300 km on the clock. I live in

Good afternoon,
I have a 2009 Tuscon with 33300 km on the clock. I live in France and it is a lot easier to write/converse in English.The battery does not seem to hold its charge, even after a long run, I.E. Portsmouth- Liverpool and return. My first thought was that the battery needs topping up, but cannot find a way to do this. Is the battery a non topping up variety? I continually have to use the charger ,your help would be appreciated.
Regards,John Ferrier

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi John.

This is a maintenance free battery, which are normally very good for 3 to 4 years .

if the battery is this old then time to replace ,

If you have a voltmeter do the following test .

Connect a voltmeter to the battery .

A good fully charged battery will have 12.6+ volts ,

With the voltmeter still hooked up switch on the head light and start the engine ,keeping an eye on the voltmeter

a good battery will not drop below 10.6volts if it does replace .

When the engine starts the voltage should be 14volts +/- .5volts .

Next if the voltage test show good then you may have a parasitic battery drain where some thing is draining the battery .

This you will need to test .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg