Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Clutch pedal all the way to the floor. drives ok as as pedal

Customer Question

clutch pedal all the way to the floor. drives ok as long as pedal all the way to the floor but even if I pump the pedal it grinds to get in reverse . is this a clutch problem or gearbox problem
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Marty replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be a clutch problem, not a transmission problem. The clutch hydraulics or clutch cable should be checked first. This problem sounds more like a problem with the clutch adjustment than a problem with the actual clutch itself. If the adjustment checks out ok and there are no problems found with the actuation of the clutch the problem may be something like a broken clutch release bearing or release bearing arm or a faulty pivot pin for the arm.

Let me know if you have any questions