sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Hyundai trajet with Reg GN03CHK my mechanic

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai trajet with Reg GN03CHK my mechanic recently changed the Water pump, radiator,thermostat and alternator after that,the battery start going flat it was charged and I swap with the similar vehicle sorn and parked all the time to my surprise this sorn vehicle always starts without problem but the one they've fixed almost all is still not right now when the engine cools it starts and drive normal but the temperature rises fans kick in and come normal and gradually rises to the red zone could this be a thermostat issue?because they initially got it wrong before.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, do you have problems with the alternator as well? Or the problem is just overheating on the engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think is the alternator because it was changed.

Dear customer, forgive me if I am late in responding, I have several clients, in a few moments I am with you, please do not withdraw.

Thank you for the reply dear customer, I want to explain you:

The thermostat is a thermal valve in charge of open and close the lass ofwater/coolant to the engine, to allow when the vehicle is cold, gets warm quickly and when it is hot allow to get cold quickly to its normal functioning temperature

When we install in a bad way the thermostat, it could produce overheating failures as the ones you have

I would like to indicate you another aspect that I am observing bin your query.
When we replace important parts of the engine cooling system, it is advisable to replace the hoses of the system because with the time they tend to clog with dirt and tend to brake up. Soz in addition to check the thermostat, I recommend you to replace the hoses.
Have you understood dear customer?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian