Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have Tucson 2017 the car excellerates intermittently on

Customer Question

I have Tucson 2017 the car excellerates intermittently on its own accord
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i was absent.
Dear customer i would like to know if your tucson have been scanned? If so, did it show error codes?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no errors
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sometimes when I change down a gear it will rev to 2000 when I depress clutch pedal

Hello Dear customer, did not the Hyundai perform maintenance to the throttle body?.
This symptom with the 2000 rpms when you press the clutch is a clear signal of a problem with the throttle body which may be or dirt or clogged.
In addition have the clutch system been checked looking if it merit replace? ( Although this is unlikely because according to the year of your Santa Fe, it should have a low mileage)