sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2011 i30 crdi 1600 automatic that will not creep

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2011 i30 crdi 1600 automatic that will not creep forward in first (will creep back in reverse) the gearbox and control modules have been checked and are ok. It is defaulting to 3rd gear. Diagnostics indicate control module grounding to earth. The cable between the control module and gearbox has been changed. Have you come across this before?
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 70000, no leaks
Assistant: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, this has been to an automatic gearbox specialist, who checked gearbox, changed a solenoid, and then I asked to change the flat cable as noted earlier as they recommend going to an auto electrician, which I have not been able somebody suitable
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s about it so far, thank you, ***** ***** do not know what to change next
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please continue, if I carry on driving it much longer I will wreck my gearbox I am told.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i would like to help you. Do you still need help? If so, could you tell me please what have been replaced so far? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, hope you can help
Gearbox has been checked
The transmission modules have been checked
The flat cable between the transmission control module and the gearbox housing has been changed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry I meant transmission solenoids checked

Dear customer, Thank you very much for your inquiry and I understand your concern, I would like before proceeding to tell me the error codes that the gearbox has through the diagnostic equipment, will you have them at your disposal at this moment?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cannot remember but will ring garage tomorrow and get them and let you know
Alan

it would be great sir Alan, i will wait for them.
Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have spoken to garage they cannot remember code but it came up as VF solenoid grounding to earth
Alan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Forgot to add it came up twice. The diagnostic tablet was a snap on
Alan

Dear customer Thank you very much for your clarification observing your query I do not know what procedure they did for the verification of the selenoids of the solenoids body and to the module of the gearbox, i mean the TCM (transmission control module), i observed that they have also replaced the wiring or loom that communicate the solenoid components with theTCM.

I recommend you to look for a second opinion do not stay only with the recommendation and the review made by the first technician, he hesitated to send you with an automotive electricity specialist, so I can question the revisions that he has made , because these revisions are ideal for a technician who has knowledge in automotive electricity, therefore I do not know the level of verification that he did, it is not because of doubting the capacity of the technician of your confidence, just that it is always good in these cases Find a second opinion when reviewing important components such as the selenoid body and the TCM.

On the other hand, if these components are in good condition it is necessary to monitor the oil pressure and oil temperature sensor of the transmission to verify that these are at optimum operating values. This is done by means of an automotive diagnostic equipment.

Also i noted that your transmission already has 70,000 miles means that it is already in time to carry out a replacement of transmission oil and filters so, I recommend that if you have not reviewed it, it is a good time to do so.

Dear customer If there is no problem with the viscosity of oil or with the filter clogged the problem that you are going to be presenting will be accentuated in the mechanized system of the transmission discs, to explain a bit how it works, your transmission is made up of certain discs and seals that are put to work in conjunction with the transmission oil pressure generator, when you have some kind of problem with some pressure drop or the wear of the seals and disks your gearbox or transmission gets into emergency mode and that is why you are always set into third gear, to solve these we have to carry a job to the transmission replacing all the discs and seals with a kit called the gearbox (transmission)master kit, this kit has all the components needed to do a deep work to the transmission if there is no type of internal blow or rip to the gearbox, we should do this type of work.

from my position it is complicated to to indicate with accuracy the problem in your transmission but I tried to give you an idea of ​​how to proceed because you highlight me that you are stuck in your case. Any concern please let me know.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, to clarify, the auto garage advised after diagnostics that it was 50/50 electrical or mechanical and I chose mechanical. They then advised I go electrical route however the electrical experts advised I go to the same garage first, which I had done, they then advised that they could not help me. You advise it could be seals and pressures in the gearbox which presumably means a gearbox strip. But the diagnostics indicate a solenoid grounding to earth which is electrical.
So what electrical components or wiring could it be
Alan

Dear customer, I am raised a concern in your query and it is that i observed that there is a change in a selenoid. I suppose this is the selenoid that showed the scanner and it still comes out in the error code but my question is if it has been checked the body of selenoids. Which is the set of selenoids that works with the TCM to make the changes, if this body of selenoids was not replaced here is where may be the inconvenience, another question that arises is, was replaced the entire wiring loom and wiring of the transmission?
And Finally, if the TCM was checked, that is, the computer in the vehicle gearbox. Sorry for the delay in communicating with you