sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have had 2 agents check out my DAB radio in my i49 15 reg

Customer Question

I have had 2 agents check out my DAB radio in my i49 15 reg car. The poor reception cannot be improved, they say. My case is with the Motor Ombudsman at the moment (suggested by Hyundai HO). I have had the car for 2 years 3 months (purchased in June 2016). My previous car was a Vauxhall Vectra 09 reg, which had a Philipp's DAB radio that worked very well. What's wrong with the i40 DAB radios, please?
Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: i40 CRD, registered 22/07/2015
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to Turners Ipswich (where I bought it from) and Haddocks Colchester, both Hyundai agents. They have installed new software in August 2015 and September 2018 but this does not improve reception.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought the car, as I wanted a number of features, one of which was a DAB radio that worked propoerly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i would like to help you.
Have the aerial and receptor been checked?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The agents say they have

Dear customer, thank you very much for your question, sorry for my delay in communicating with you, the time difference affects me and I have some troubles to get online.

Dear customer, there are several causes that may be causing the interference that you hearing on your Stereo, I noted that you have rule a problem in the aerial and receiver that are usually the main causes of this type of inconvenience, at this point what remains to do is to examine the equipment board more carefully, it is common that with the passing of time the board suffers some kind of damage causing interference, since as you’ll understand the board is made up of certain integrated components, these integrated over time begin to suffer some kind of mishap, either by overheating or by spontaneous voltage rise, your vehicle does not have many years of use so it is not normal that this type of problem happened suddenly.

Dear customer the DAB systems, don’t have a bad reputation. On the contrary, they are good systems and that’s why many dealerships have used them in their vehicles.

It is a good idea to make a check of the boards, it is very likely that the problem remains there,