sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an ix35 2012 model. No sound was coming from the

Customer Question

I have an ix35 2012 model. No sound was coming from the speakers but all the radio and sat nav functions were working. Eventually I tried the factory reset and when I switched on this morning the whole unit is now dead. Help?
Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Came with the car
Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Hyundai?
Customer: Ix35 prem
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Factory reset
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, i would like to know: is any of the features of the equipment are working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None at all. After I pressed factory reset and switched the ignition off no signs of power at all

Dear customer Thank you very much for your inquiry Sorry for my delay in communicating with you i am having some problems to get online.

Dear customer, there are several causes that may be causing the interference or problem you have with your stereo, i did not notice if you have rule out the aereal and the receiver, but usually are not the main causes of this type of inconvenience, at this point we must examine the equipment, with more precision the board of the equipment, it is common that with time the board suffers some type of damage causing the interference you present, the board is conformed by certain integrated components, these integrated with the time begin to suffer some type of mishap, either due to overheating or a spontaneous voltage rise, if the equipment has certain years of use, it is normal for this type of problem to happen suddenly.

Dear customer, I do not know if you have already visited any Hyundai dealership, in order to solve this problem, this time I am going to recommend that you go to places where they work with car audio systems and installations because these places have more knowledge about the internal functioning of the stereos, the stereo systems are not systems designed by the Hyundai, therefore they do not have knowledge of the operation of the internal system, they can arrive according to the manual to examine the stereo and equipment but more to superficial level as it is a review of the aereial, the receiver and the connectors, the switches. But in the garages or stores where they work and are specialized in car audio equipments, they can help you and give you a more precise advice with a more precise diagnosis.

My recomendation is find a garage where they work with car audio, they can help you more accurately and if the stereo should need a replacement for any problem or defect in the dashboar they can indicate what equipment you can adapt in your vehicle without any problem.
The problems may be or in the connectors of the estereo or in the board of the stereo.

Have you understood dear customer?
Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.