sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I love my Hyundai i10 but I hear different advice about tyre

Customer Question

I love my Hyundai i10 but I hear different advice about tyre pressure. I’ve had variations between 30 and 32 and online even as high as 33/34 for motorways ! Help please.
Assistant: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: I go to the garage round the corner so they’re usually cold
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2016
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’m not.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’m not confident about doing tyres myself so I go to my local garage
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, The recommended tyre pressure for your Hyundai is 30 PSI. However 28 PSI is better for city driving and 31 PSI for highway driving. This pressure vary because in the highway they tend to get warmer than in the city. So it is to have a better stability.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here.