Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I hav an hyundai i10 5dr (reg june 2017) diagnosed by

Customer Question

I hav an hyundai i10 5dr (reg june 2017) diagnosed by hyundai dealers garage with "seepage of coolant into one of engine bores" yesterday. I brought the problem of low coolant level to their attention in Oct 2018. Question - is my car still safe to drive whilst I wait for it to go bac to garage (under warranty) to be stripped down (engine) & further investigated. Second question should I hav insisted in October that it was further investigated then? Many thanks. ***** *****tchfield
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Julie , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Do you still require technical assistance with your concern

Does your vehicle run rough when started first thing in the morning for a few seconds etc

Is the coolant loss minimal over a period of time

Ie : the vehicle isn’t overheating etc

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian thank u for yr response. In answer to yr questions. Yes I wud like to try & understand (with my female brain) wot the problem is with my 18 months old hyundai.On one occasion after the day wen it wudn't start it did seem to struggle to start. I hav been starting it daily even if I don't go out in it.The coolant loss was identified on Oct 23 2018. Car had had its first service in June 2018. I took car bac to hyundai garage on Oct 26 where technician reluctantly topped up coolant bottle with water. No overheating seen yet. Are u in UK?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Car is going bac to hyundai dealerships garage to hav engine stripped down & further investigated.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delay in responding

Ok from your description of your issue I would suspect either a small hair line crack in the cylinder head or head gasket concern

Your dealer should inspect the spark plugs and if needed carry out a cylinder leakage test to identify which cylinder is the issue of the coolant ingress

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian