Nathan B
Nathan B, NVQ 3 qualified mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience as a motor mechanic including running my own garage.
27720961

My 2.2 automatic shift lock is not locking, I can shift to

Customer Question

Hi, my 2.2 automatic shift lock is not locking, I can shift to any gear from the park position without depressing the brake pedal or the key in the ignition, this will result in the car rolling off if it is parked on an incline. Kind regards David
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: 8 years old
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2010 4WD CRDi
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: possibly
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, Thank you
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, what are the alst maintenances you have done to your car and the mileage?
Thanks in advance.