experteer
experteer,
77184159

I've got an ix35 with panoramic sun roof which has become

Customer Question

Hi I've got an ix35 with panoramic sun roof which has become very slow and struggles to open and close, I was told there was a recall on this and never received any information on this can you help please
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: Ix35 premium 2012
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I dont want to try it myself incase the mechanism breaks. I have to pull the sunroof shut from inside with my hands dont want to force it anymore
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  experteer replied 29 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

That depends, there were, to my knowledge, a few callbacks because of a warped roof frame. But this is not a recall where the vehicles are brought into the workshop, but the affected vehicles have to be re-equipped during a regular workshop stay (e.g. during a service).

But what you describe is rather an indication of a dirty roof or a dirty guide. Hyundai can clean the guides and has a special lubricant for the rails and the mechanics. After that the roof should work again.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Expert:  experteer replied 28 days ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer YourCustomer/p>