Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My car is a I40 automatic tourer, I have a problem with the

Customer Question

My car is a I40 automatic tourer, I have a problem with the DTI gearbox/Clutch when it changes from 1-2 on start off it sometimes makes a squealing noise and looses drive until I take off the power.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: It also sometime makes a clunk noise on starting off but once rolling shifts and I have not felt any clutch slip
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: its a 140 1.7 Blue drive 5door estate DSL automatic
JA: What year is your Hyundai?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just took it to the dealer for inspection but the car performed ok so they just said drive it until it breaks. no I will not be doing the car myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has only done 28500 from new and has been serviced by dealer from new
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

Sounds like an gearbox oil issue in that case renewing might be worth carrying out - so could be worth at least persuing that option as far as changing the oil in the gearbox..and then access the condition of the oil thats come out..to see if its burnt or has any noticeble metallic particles within it that may suggest an internal problem..