Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Hyundai Tuscon Go model 2018 Air con not working - 99% a

Customer Question

Hyundai Tuscon Go model 2018 Air con not working - 99% a warranty issues as could not locate fault but could hear it - less than 20% gas left in system which they then drained - still coul dnot see leak took back - took off bumper now claim stone damage and not covered ??
JA: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the Tucson start—same as usual?
Customer: Charging £90 for labour to find a fault that the car has had since new
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took to one Tuscon garage in Corby for 10,000 miles service - they could not find fault said very unusual in age of car took back to Leicester dealer I bought car from new - first vist - can hear leak cannot see it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: rebooked it in today - took off bumper - now claim stone damage despite saying 99% sure a warranty matter
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not trust my garage that this is not a warrenty issue - had car from new - corby dealer could not find leak - original dealer could not find leak on first visit - second visit now trying to say it is stone damage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
told them at first service that it had not worked since new - corby garage said not seen anything like it in such a new car

ok so it never worked from new ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no - i bought in Sept - so used heated seats (nice) but when the spring came and warm weather air con just blew out warm air - never had cold air from day one of use - as first service was in August, waited to raise it then to do it all in one go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can a stone get to a part of a car that they cannot see on two garage visits - yet claim stone damage when they remove bumper, headlights etc ????

If is damage due to a stone then it will not be covered under warranty I am afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can two first visits miss that?

Depends on the technician and his skills on that .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
two different garages - really? How bad are Hyundai technicians? They both told me they could hear a leak but could not see it - how can a stone get to a car part you cannot see?

When a stone hits at 50mph it can bounce about it is very common for this to happen.

Is there anything more I can help you with ?

If you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.