CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Throttle going flat in the lower gears off roundabouts and

Hello, throttle going flat in the lower gears off roundabouts and from junctions. Changing gears doesn’t have the desired effect only giving a sensation of it almost stopping. Having bought it for my son, am concerned of on road safety without getting someone up his back end? Thank you
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Have just acquired, its a 2008 1.1 petrol Getz. Short answer to brake switch is no I haven’t tried. I did have a Renault Trafic with similar problem when an air flow meter was the answer, I’ll assume the Getz doesn’t have such a thing? What about ‘throttle activator control motor’ ?
JA: Are you fixing your Trafic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry it is a Hyundai Getz 1.1 Petrol 2008 ( I mentioned the Trafic as a comparison )
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think I’ve expressed the problem. Thank you

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Do you have any warning lights on the dashboard?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No

Please see the picture attached. This will help you understand what I was talking about in the conversation.