Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

2015 Santa Fe. Key fob does not open car door but using the

2015 Santa Fe. Key fob does not open car door but using the key I can get in and start the car using the fob. Get out and lock car same way. But how do I get the hob working properly? Doubt it is a battery problem because husband's fob has suddenly stopped working too.
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: I haven't done anything to the car. I locked it as usual last Wednesday and today neither fob is working.
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, at home. Haven't tried anything to fix it. Didn't know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so. Just don't know whether I need to go to a Hyundai dealership for them to sort the problem out or whether there is a simple solution.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, Hopefully I can help.

As both keys have failed at the same time it is as you say unlikely that the problem is the Fob battery. The keys may need reprogramming to the vehicle as can sometimes occur.

This is only possible using dealer level equipment and so I would recommend that as the vehicle should still be under warranty you contact the dealer to resolve the problem

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can ask further details on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks very much. We thought that might be your answer. We'll contact the nearest Hyundai dealership and get it booked in for reprogramming. It's still under warranty.

Hyundai are very good on their warranty, I would expect it to go well.

Steve

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Whilst I was on the phone to the Hyundai dealership my husband was doing something with the batteries and so everything seems to be working ok again. We realise we may need to get it reprogrammed tho the dealership did suggest new batteiries first.

If it is just batteries its quite easy, I have attached a diagram showing the method of opening the fob

Steve