Hildebrandt Thomas
Hildebrandt Thomas ,
Experience:  Member at Ford MOHAG Datteln/Deutschland
26559809

Both sets of keys checked and batteries replaced and

Customer Question

both sets of keys checked and batteries replaced and confirmed as sending output to receiver, however can not remote lock doors, I have to manually press door handle button to unlock/lock cart doors.two diagnostics point to Body Control Module (BCM) having Fault 1 error code, just a tad expensive to have replaced by main dealer, car out of warranty, so can they be repaired? and if so, or even if replaced new, do both smart keys need re programming?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: new battery last year A1 condition
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: i40 estate 2013 reg.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no good with cars, auto electrician and auto locksmith both confirm keys ok
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, main dealer will charge for their diagnostic test and quoted about £1000+ to replace BCM...assume that includes key reprogramming?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Hildebrandt Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Dear seeking advice,

My name is ***** ***** I have been since 20 years a professional mechanic. I have read your offer by JustAnswer and Im trying to help you.

Did I understand this right, your radio remote control is not working ?

Greetings

MechanikeTom