Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Sorry my remote control not working, Ix35, 2010 pls, No me

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Sorry my remote control not working
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: Ix35
JA: What year is your Hyundai?
Customer: 2010 pls
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No me bought it newly, two days ago and went to service it and Mot it but after that the remote stopped working The mechanic can't explain as well why
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK will wait for response
Expert:  Phillip H replied 2 months ago.

Hiya

When you say remote control do you mean your remote key fob for your Central Locking?

If this is what you mean then I would first suggest that you change the battery in the key fob (make sure you buy a good quality battery and not one of these pound shop things that don't last)!

If the remote still doesn't work then I would suggest it could need reprogramming using the Hyundai Diagnostic Computer or it may need a new key fob due to a fault.

Hope this helps

Phillip

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The mechanic checked with computer and confirmed it it send signal to the car as he can see on the computer but tot locking the car without manually with key , he changed the battery on the remote control as well , please what else can you think

Hiya

I would query what the mechanic told you.

I have access to the latest diagnostic software and it doesn't give any information on the key transmitting information to the car!

You can get stand alone units that recognise a remote key press but that doesn't mean the car is receiving that information or dealing with it!

If you have a good quality battery in the Remote Key Fob then I would suggest the fob may require reprogrammig to the vehicle using the appropriate Hyundai Diagnostic Software. If this fails to work then a new Key Fob may be required. In very rare cases the receiver on the vehicle may be the issue. They dealer would be able to tell this via their diagnostic software.

Phillip