Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

My 2008 Santa Fe's oil light came on so I took it straight

My 2008 Santa Fe's oil light came on so I took it straight to the garage who said there was nothing wrong. I drove it for a few more days without issue then the oil light came back on quickly followed by the immobiliser light and the car limped to the nearest pull in. Initially it refused to start again but 1 hour later it would start.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The red oil light and the orange immobiliser lifht
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was taken by the AA straight to a garage who haven't done anything yet but said they think the car may not be fixable.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - this was the first fault we had with it

Morning my name is ***** ***** the engine making any strange noises.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No - after it stopped the aa man asked me to try and see whether it would start and it did but sounded raspy when revved fully

By "raspy" was that a light knock / rattle when revved.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Umm - yes but like a continuous noise
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No noise until the revs were up

As it refused to start until it had cooled down is a sign the oil pump has failed and the engine has started to seize up.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would that be unfixable? There were no signs of anything being wrong when I took it to the garage to be checked 4 days earlier and earlier on the day it stopped it had done a 50 mile motorway journey perfectly with no warning signs

They are expensive to repair and the oil pumps are prone to fail with that engine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When you say expensive - a ball park figure

Last one i rebuilt the bill was about £2300 there is very little on the used market as they are in big demand and you only ever see them for sale on EBAY by sellers you really can not trust fully.

Do you need anymore help with this issue.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No - thank you for being helpful

Morning no problem keep me posted on the diagnosis regards Gavin.