Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Replacement wheel locking key, The key is lost. 2013.

Customer Question

replacement wheel locking key
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: The key is lost.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2013. Hyundai i10
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. AA replaced a flat tyre and have not replaced the locking nut because I cannot find the key.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else. Except I need to get a new tyre and then put the locking key back on but I will need to remove it eventually need to remove it when I replace the tyres in future.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician and Garage/MOT centre owner in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

In order to get a replacement locking key.you need to order it using the code in the owners handbook, service book, or on the locking wheel nut box or bag, if you have one. and it would need to be ordered via Hyundai.. If you dont have either code..then you have to order a complete new set with the locking key..and have the existing security bolts removed and all 4 replaced with new ones with the matching key...