Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

We have Tucson 2009 4WD the brake light been on for a couple

we have Tucson 2009 4WD the brake light been on for a couple of days, now it is near impossible to engage gear in forward or reverse, any ideas please?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: yes looks on low side, do not know when last changed
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i will, nothing as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today is this an automatic or manual gearbox we are dicussing.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
manual

Can i have the REG number i want to look at the slave cylinder that is fitted.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
KR09EVK

Thank you give me a bit of time.

Showing it has a concentric slave cylinder see image does the clutch pedal feel soft and weak.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it feels soft most of the way down then feels firmer at the bottom of travel

It is the concentric slave that fails the most that is why your brake fluid is low.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
for now if the fluid is topped up will it help and also will it help the gear change difficulty

You could try it but it does not work that way the cylinder has failed an expensive job as well.