RichardM1126
RichardM1126, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

I recently bought a second hand 2012 Hyundai ix35 which the

Customer Question

I recently bought a second hand 2012 Hyundai ix35 which the full spec. However we found that although we have a reversing camera (factory install) it doesn't come up when we go into reverse gear (the screen remains on navigation or media). The parking sensors work, and the fuse is fine. We had someone check the cables and everything is connected at the back fine so leads me to think there is something with the connection to the actual unit/monitor...is there an easy fix or do we need to hand it in to a garage?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: recently serviced, all gine fine
JA: What is the model of your '12 Hyundai?
Customer: ix35
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuse, checked the cabling at the back, all fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is*****’m sorry to hear you are having problems with your car, it does sound like you have already checked the obvious items and you say they are all working correctly and aren’t damaged in any way etc,

the next step would be to check the unit/monitor which can be a fiddly job I would advise taking it to a garage and let them have a look,

they can then advise or if a quick fix like a loose connection fix it there and then,

hope this helps

many

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help, do you think I could take it to my local garage or does it have to be Hyundai? It costs £75 just to have them look at my car which seems excessive...

You can take it to any Garage if they are charging £75 I would say that’s for an hours diagnostic check make sure you get a full report of what they have done and if it doesn’t seem like an hours worth of work has been done question it,

maybe phone the Hyundai garage ask them for a price to look at it they may not be that much different at least you would have a price to compare it,

hope that makes sense