sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just wanting to know what the fuel rail pressure should be

Customer Question

just wanting to know what the fuel rail pressure should be for my 2003 terracan
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts slower and fuel consumption is fine
JA: What is the model of your '03 Hyundai?
Customer: terracan
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing yet as i would like to know the fuel rail pressure so i can determain whether or not it is a bad HP pump
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats all thank you
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
phone number is *****
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer,  all the pressures must be around 50 kPa (7.25 psi) , which is the pressure given by the fuel pump, but effectively in the rail there is a pressure drop through the sections, so there is a small variation but it cannot be a big difference.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ah ok thank you but 7.25 psi seems way too low for a high pressure common rail diesel engine should it not be around the 160bar mark or so?

Excuse me dear costumer i meant 50ksi!