sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Cant open my tailgate i20 1012 all other doors open fine,

Customer Question

cant open my tailgate i20 1012 all other doors open fine
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 62 reg 2012 i20 crdi
JA: Are you fixing your 62 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to fix all doors open tailgate won't will not start either
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Dear customer, do you mean that it does not release when the lock is unlocked, or that the handle is not actuated?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer it is likely that the drawback is the lock release mechanism these models have a c type lock on the door and on the chassis both engage to lock the door opening, also it uses a bar release mechanism to be able to move from the handle to the lock, there are two options dear customer either the problem is in the c type lock or it is in the handle mechanism, you have to disassemble the boot trim to access the handle and see what is going on in the handle, you will most likely have to replace it.