sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a hyndai tuscon 2017 and the rev counter sometimes

Customer Question

I have a hyndai tuscon 2017 and the rev counter sometimes wont go over 3000 revs.Then fixes itself and drives fine. This issuue only occurred recently. Intermittently no power wand looks for a quick gear change even though not up to speed.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Fluctuate
JA: What is the model of your '17 Hyundai?
Customer: Tuscon 1.7 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have not tried anything myself .. not my strong suit
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello what is the problem do you think
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no live call please do you have an answer

Dear customer the limitations of the rpm are known as power losses these are mostly products of accumulated dirt in the injection system in the air intake system can also make problems in the throttle body when this type of inconvenience occurs the first thing to do is to discard the error codes that can be generated in the computer through a diagnostic equipment with your partner and where if there are no error codes proceed to make a deep maintenance to the fuel injection system by cleaning the pump injectors and replacing the filters the same as the fuel filters. If there are no error codes, a deep maintenance of the fuel injection system is done by cleaning the injectors and replacing the filters. The same is done with the air emission system, especially the throttle body and replacing the air filter.