Kevin
Kevin, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

The battery seams to be full because radio is on but this

Customer Question

Hi the battery seams to be full because radio is on but this morning I wound start I can hear cranks instead?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: Ix35 2010 2.0d 4wd
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet I was thinking it could be the starter because it’s doesn’t turn but it was fine last night
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s all
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi my name is Piotr
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Piotr, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear your Hyundai isn't starting and I understand exactly how frustrating this can be but don't worry I will do my best to assist you. Can you tell me exactly what happens when you attempt to start the engine?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have requested a phone call
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

I'm sorry I don't offer the call service personally, another tech may call but in the meantime, I'm happy to continue here in this chat if you want to

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve been driving last night and this morning I have tried to start but I heard only cranks instead radio turn on so is lights on dash board.
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

ok, so when you say cranks is this like a loud click or multiple?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Multiple when I am turning engine on
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ignition
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

ok, so multiple normally suggests that the battery voltage is low. The battery needs a lot of power to turn the engine over especially on the first start. so it's not unusual for everything to work inside the car but there be not just enough power to actually turn the engine. I would start by trying to jump start or charge the battery.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How could battery got low during the night?
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

if the battery is failing it losses its ability to store the voltage and sadly this very often happens without any warning

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok, thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

you are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!